E-mail : email@example.com
The complete set of problems for PPEU course is here (updated on 17 May 2013).
PPEU course description is located here.
Class on basic relativistic quantum mechanics and field theory here
Recommended literature (available in University Library):
- "The early universe" by E.W.Kolb and M.S.Turner, Perseus Publishing, 1993.
- "Principles of physical cosmology" by P.J.E. Peebles, Princeton University Press, 1993.
- Lecture on recent developments in astrophysics and cosmology by J.Garcia-Bellido, 1999.
- "Physical foundations of cosmology" by V.Mukhanov, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Paper of Ya.B.Zeldovich "The theory of the expanding Universe as originated by A.A.Fridman" (1963).
- Paper of G.Gamow "The Origin of Elements and the Separation of Galaxies" (1948).
- Alpha-beta-gamma paper "The Origin of Chemical Elements" (1948).
- "Introduction to the Theory of the Early Universe: Hot Big Bang Theory" by D.Gorbunov and V.Rubakov, World Scientific, 2010 - unavailable in the library.
Introduction to General Relativity:
- "The classical theory of fields" by L.D.Landau and E.M.Lifshitz, Pergamon Press, 1975.
- "Gravitation and cosmology: principles and applications of the general theory of relativity" by S. Weinberg, John Wiley, 1972.
- "The structure and evolution of the universe" by Ya.B.Zeldovich and I.D.Novikov, University of Chicago Press, 1983.
- "The large-scale structure of the universe" by P.J.E.Peebles, Princeton University Press, 1980.
- "Cosmology" by S.Weinberg, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- "Physical cosmology" by P.J.E. Peebles, Princeton University Press, 1971.
- "Basics of modern cosmology" by A.D.Dolgov, M.V.Sazhin, Ya.B.Zeldovich, Gif-sur-Yvette : Editions Frontieres, 1990.
- "Genesis of the big bang" by R.A.Alpher and R.Herman, Oxford University Press, 2001.
Introduction to the Standard Model of particle physics:
- "Introduction to elementary paticles" by D.Griffiths, Wiley, 1987.
- "Leptons and quarks" by L.B.Okun', Amsterdam North-Holland, 1982
- "An introduction to quantum field theory" by M.Peskin and D.Schroeder, Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- Lecture course of S.F.Novaes, 2000. You can start from section 1.2 omitting sections 2.2.1-2.2.4, 2.3.1-2.3.2, 3-4 for the first reading.
- "Gauge Theories in Particle Physics: A Practical Introduction", vols. 1 and 2, Taylor & Francis, 2002 -- unavailable in the library
Recommended CERN video lecture courses:
- Introduction to Standard Model (6 lectures of J.Terning).
- Neutrino oscillations (4 lectures of A.Romanino)
- CP violation (4 lectures of G.Raven)
- Bayogenesis (2 lectures of H.Murayama).